The first website I was looking at was the Superman Homepage http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php, and I think that this is a very awesome site that is well put together and easy to use. There is a lot of history and information in the Superman universe and within the mythology. The Superman Homepage is a fan-made website that is extremely organized and it only takes a minute to find out any question I may have about Superman. It covers all forms of media that Superman has been involved with comics, radio, television, and movies. The website gives Links to other important and related sites such as http://www.dccomics.com/dccomics/ which is the official DC Comics website. The navigation is extremely effective and straightforward and I’m sure that why the information is organized in that fashion. The Superman Homepage is truly a great tool to find information relating to the Man of Steel.
The second website I was visiting was Cracked.Com http://www.cracked.com/ it’s a humors website with creative opinions on movies, music, television, and pop culture in general. The overall objective for the website is just for a good laugh and interesting facts about things you may not have known. The navigation for the website is fairly direct and upfront. The organizational structure of the website seems to be very popular because a lot of websites are done in similar fashion. You have articles, videos, columnists, forums, and topics to choose from and it’s easy to navigate yourself back to the homepage. There’s not a lot I would change about the website it’s creative and direct and I visit it almost everyday.
The third website I visited was imdb.com or Internet Movie Data Base http://www.imdb.com/ which is a website compiled of all movies, television shows, actors, directors, and anyone else that might be affiliated with film or TV. I would give the overall website a “B” because you can find just about anything you want if you go to the search bar. The homepage has gone through some changes over the years, I’ve been going to the website for a while now and like the old style better. I suppose it’s just a personal preference, but the new homepage is still nice and easy to use. The navigation is still very basic you have movies, TV, news, videos, and community at the top of the website, and the search engine is still the best attribute of the site.
No comments:
Post a Comment