Thursday, March 8, 2012

Our First Studio Production Shoot

Our first studio production shoot went very well. We had everybody contribute in different ways. For the first day of the shoot I was out on the floor working with the lighting, sound, and camera setup. I was on the camera for a few shots and then let another person take over, and then I was roaming the floor assisting people if they wanted help. On the second day I was in the sound/monitor room. I worked on setting up the sound with Eric, and discussing possible shots with the acting director.

I learned that it’s important to expect contingencies when working with talent and to not let it effect the production. It’s also important to communicate with your colleagues/classmates for the best possible production. I think the class gets along very well. We all know each other from previous and current semesters, and have a good understanding of what people like to do.

I learned the importance of planning and preparing for a production shoot. The better you plan the more prepared you’ll be if something unexpected happens. I watched a really cool promotional video for Daytona State College; it’s a TV Studio Production Certificate they offer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDRL4tz_s2g

I’m sure our second studio shoot will go even better and with each shoot we’ll improve. I think the harder part will be postproduction and editing. Getting the right cut and look that we want to convey.

No comments:

Post a Comment