
Shepherd University music department presented SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET. I have to admit I never watched a production by the music department at Shepherd, and I haven’t been in the Frank Art Center since I had to take music appreciation. I was really impressed with the talent of the music department and they gave an impressive performance. Sweeney Todd was written by Stephen Sondheim, and is considered one of his most complex and difficult pieces both instrumentally and vocally. I remember watching the Tim Burton film starring Jonny Depp as Sweeney Todd a few years ago and I completely hated it. I dislike the story and the music as well, but with that being said I enjoyed the Shepherd production. I think you have to watch something like that live to get a real feel of the emotions from the music and performance for the actors. I still very much dislike the musical SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET but I’m glad I went to a Shepherd music production before I graduated.
No comments:
Post a Comment