Monday, April 23, 2012

Salad Days: Casey Shaw & Christine Weirick (cultural event 5)


Salad Days was a one night only art exhibition in the Shepherdstown Community Club by showcased the work of Casey Shaw and Christine Weirick.  The show was really packed with students and observers. I noticed a lot of the work from the previous art show I attended titled “Sans Merci” which displayed the work of a lot of graphic designers at Shepherd including poetry. Salad Days was an impressive display of work by Casey and Christine, just as I’ve stated before Shepherd has a talented and independent group of students that’s coated with rich artistic ability.  These girls are truly gifted and have an eye to demonstrate their passion to the world.  Their work could be placed beside any masterpiece in a museum and relate well to the overall theme of the museum.  The work was very contemporary with a mix of photographs, graphic design, and paintings.        

No comments:

Post a Comment