My senior project is a fictional short film that I created. My task included everything from writing the script, to finding the locations to shoot. My first priority was to write a feasible script. Once I had the general idea I began to develop the characters and story.
There are two main characters that I had to cast, one of which was myself, and the other was a friend of mine Lamar Scott. After I had the cast I began scouting locations and storyboarding.
Establishing a schedule was essential and made the process smoother. I would shoot each scene in chronological order and edited the film as I went along. The major scene was the fight scene at the end that involved samurai swords. I really loved the location of the scene and the atmosphere is enhanced.
While filming and editing I was also looking for music to apply to the soundtrack. The majority of the music came from SoundClick.com, and the rest came from my friend Lamar Scott who also raps and makes music.
The process was very enjoyable and I wish I had better personal equipment to enhance the film. I will continue to learn and explore the field of digital film and continue to write screenplays and work on short films.
No comments:
Post a Comment