With our first two dry runs in Studio Production I’ve had the privilege of being camera one operator and producer. The atmosphere was very legitimate; I had a headset on when I was a cameraman so that I could communicate with the director. The communication is extremely important between the director and the people on the floor in case a problem occurs, or general directions and camera shots.
When watching Hamilton Hamish you can tell that he has a passion for multi camera work and his passion turns it into an art form. He’s considered the best in the business and he’s worked with incredible artist such as, Cold Play, The Gorillaz, Jack Johnson, and Kanye West just to name a few. He is always in control of his staff and they have an outline and run-through for every major show. Hamish does more than just music shows he’s also done work with Victoria Secret in a 2009 fashion show http://youtu.be/Td8eM7pxmew. Hamish works with multiple cameras and a plethora of angles so that people can see the dimensions of the show.
My personal favorite area of multi camera work (aside from music) is sporting events. There is so much riding on good camera work in any filed of sports. Football is one of the most televised events in America and the camera angle itself plays an important role. With instant replay the referees depend a lot on good camera work so that they can get the right call, and not get killed by the home team fans. This is a clip I thought displayed good multi camera work in a sport I love to watch. http://youtu.be/fAoO11MNfgU
No comments:
Post a Comment